Welcome to the Nepean Valley RSL Day Club
About The Day Club
Day Clubs are a weekly social program for older people from both the ex-service and wider community. They offer social support and friendship to the elderly who are still living in the community but who are unable to attend more active programs.
The only membership criteria are:
- Members must not require lifting
- Members must be able to toilet, feed and medicate themselves
- Members must not wander or disrupt others in the Club
- Members must be able to physically and mentally cope with the Club activities (which will not be physically strenuous)
Day Clubs are entirely run by volunteers with the support of the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and the Returned and Services League of Australia (RSL) (NSW Branch). There are currently 72 Day Clubs throughout NSW.
The Nepean Valley RSL Day Club commenced in August 2013 and is supported by the City of Penrith RSL sub-Branch.
What Happens At The Day Club?
- Meet weekly on Fridays from 10am to 2pm.
- Currently meeting at the Senior Citizens Centre, Penrith
- Provide the opportunity to participate in a range of activities such as gentle exercises, quizzes, games, entertainment, guest speakers and special events.
- Lunch and morning tea are provided and transport can be arranged to and from the Club.
All who attend pay a nominal fee (currently $8) for the day.
Volunteering At The Day Club
Day Clubs provide a unique opportunity for volunteers to become involved in rewarding work and make a real difference in the local community.
- Volunteers are able to contribute in a variety of roles such as catering, leading gentle exercises, transporting members, organising program activities or administrative duties.
Like the general membership, volunteers are drawn from both the ex-service and wider community, and are of all age.
Executives And Contact Details
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org